Carpe Septem Dies

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Week 1, Day 4- Set Apart

So I have fasted before, but never like this. The first couple days were quite comfortable but I'm pretty sure that's how fasting is supposed to be. Christ's sacrifice for us was pretty comfortable too, wouldn't you say? Getting over being sick plus fasting makes for a weak body, and I must say that I've already learned (or re-learned) some things about myself. I am far too ok with being busy. My co-worker has been forcing me to take it easy (bless his heart) and that has actually been very hard for me. I've only been working about 6 hour days, and that's very weird for me. I find myself wanting to go into work earlier and staying later, but my co-worker is insistent on me getting rest to recover from the insane amount of hours I've worked in the last month or so.

I feel like God is confirming the fact that this "Seize the Week" project that I'm doing is a good thing. If you know me, you know that I am the type to give of myself until I am totally empty, which is a good thing and a bad thing at the same time. Also, you would know that I like to keep busy, and I tend to thrive best when in chaos. But I think that God has something different in store for me. I am too used to relying on my own strength, and I'm too used to pushing myself aside all the time. This year of making goals for myself and meeting them is something that is going to be foreign but life changing for me.

I also have realized that this year will be impossible without God. So...I'm adding more to "Seize the Week" which is really something I should have been doing already, but every day I am going to first make time with God. I've decided to start with a study in the book of Romans. I started today with Romans 1:1-17. As you readers follow my blog, feel free to do join me in these studies! The first part of this study is "Will You Take the Call?" Paul is writing a letter to the Romans, and in the first verse, describes himself as a "servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle and set apart for the gospel of God..." I want to be that. I AM that, so I need to walk in it. The world is filled with chaos and insanity, people running around like chickens with their heads cut off, running on their own strength, doing things without God. I am not doing that any more. What about you?

5 comments:

  1. You're so right,Amanda. We need to rely on our faith to GET US THROUGH any situation. One of may favorite song says"I am strong when I am on Your shoulders";but I realize often I rely on myself instead of putting myself on His shoulders. He has such big shoulders and His hands are always open to carry us and our burdens. He's told us so,now believe it. I look forward to seeing all God will do in your life. We will all see the evidence. Through that too, someone will come to accept Jesus! Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite theme in literature is "living," and that is exactly what you're doing with this project. What I especially love about this project is you are using it not only to living in an exciting new way, you are also worshiping God by living. I cannot wait to see how it all turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Martha~ thank you so much for your support and prayers! Mike~ you put that perfectly. You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey amanda! i'm liking this blog ;P

    ReplyDelete