Carpe Septem Dies

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Topic # 10: One place you have always wanted to visit


Calcutta in India. I have wanted to visit there ever since the 4th grade which is when I did a report on Mother Teresa. There are most definitely other places I would like to visit, but this is the place I've wanted to go for the longet. One day I'll get there. Fun fact: My grandma actually corresponded with Mother Teresa. Mother Teresa actually wrote back, and they were pen pals for years. That made me want to get to Calcutta even more! When Mother Teresa passed, my grandma lost a friend. Her passing was actually personal- it's wasn't like any other famous person passing.

Mother Teresa is still a role model in my life. She knew what is was to live a life of ministry with joy; this is something I'm still trying to figure out. I want to go to The Home for the Dying, a free hospice for the dying and The Children's Home of the Immaculate Heart, a haven for orphans and homeless youth. So if any of you readers have connections in Calcutta, hook me up : )

No comments:

Post a Comment