Carpe Septem Dies

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Week 30, Day 3

So at this point, one of my main goals is finding an affordable place to work out and keep training for the 5K I want to run in May. Now, there's this place I found which looks like it's 2 minutes away from my apartment, and apparently it's $10 a month- no contract or anything. this place is called "Team Super Fitness." Seems too good to be true, right? I did a little bit of research and apparently there is a pretty new "Planet Fitness" in town which is taking business away from this place. So hopefully it's still open when I get there because $10 a month is pretty amazing!

I also Googled "Fun things to do in Boston," and I found
The Freedom Trail. The website says:

"The Freedom Trail is a 2.5 mile red-brick walking trail that leads you to 16 nationally significant historic sites, every one an authentic American treasure. Preserved and dedicated by the citizens of Boston in 1958, when the wrecking ball threatened, the Freedom Trail today is a unique collection of museums, churches, meeting houses, burying grounds, parks, a ship, and historic markers that tell the story of the American Revolution and beyond."

I am really excited to walk through this! It's free, which is always a good thing : ) More to come...

4 comments:

  1. the freedom trail is totally awesome. so must history in such a small area.

    best pizza in boston-pizza reginas in little italy. also best pasty modern pastry in little italy (the north end).

    go to faneuil hall downtown-all in one market-lobster rolls, falafel, chinese, deli, cheers is there, bakery, coffees, everything!

    best place to just chill or do devos-without a doubt-the commons.

    (where are you actually living? love you!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the trail is awesome but you will totally distracted by everything you see so don't be fooled by the 'short' trail :) it's epic! Check out the NORTH END of Boston, it's like little Italy and it's so much fun, dave and I spent forever there.
    up near dave is a good area you can drive/walk that goes from Manchester by the sea, glouscester, and rockport- beautiful towns with cool views and mom/pop stores!! you'll luv it luv it luv it!!!
    -kirst

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boston is a so fun to walk around during the summer. I'm getting pretty excited.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kirst and AJ- I will definitely check out those places!! And Kyle, you have NO idea how awesome it is that you are going to be there. You will be like the piece of home there for me! Can't wait to see you!!!

    ReplyDelete