Carpe Septem Dies

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Week 31: A Week of Adjustment

So long time, no type, huh? It's been a couple weeks since I've updated, but that's because my life has been pretty crazy as many of you know. In case you missed it, the last week I posted I told you guys about moving to Quincy, MA to take a job through The Salvation Army out there as the Program Assistant. Since then, I have actually moved to Quincy. Here's an update:

The weekend before I left for Quincy, my friends threw me a surprise good-bye party. It was wonderful! It was just so great to have some of my favorite people in the same room together. I really do have the most amazing friends.

The last couple weeks have been quite a blur between packing my car so full with my belongings that I thought the car would burst at any second and saying "see ya later" so my loved ones. As it got closer and closer to my big adventure east, I had so many emotions running through my mind that it was hard to feel a lot of one thing. Yes, I was excited, but also nervous, sad, happy, anxious, and so many other emotions. I will say that through all of the ups and downs, the uncertainties- God was constant and was my rock.

And then it was this past Thursday, almost a week ago, that my friend Roxanne and I headed to her family's house near Ohio to begin our journey. We stayed the night there at her family's house and then got up early Friday morning and made the 14.5 hour drive from there to Quincy. It was such a long ride, but totally made better by the company of Roxanne. We arrived to my new home at around 8:30 eastern time and were greeted immediately by my new bosses and a couple young adults who helped unload my car. Roxanne and I crashed that night since we were so tired.

The next day, about 10 of us young adults headed to Boston. It was so wonderful. I wish you could all meet my new friends here. They were so welcoming and made me feel so comfortable. I immediately knew that I was going to be loved and cared for over here. We had a lovely day. The picture above is one that was taken in Boston at a place called Fire and Ice where we had lunch. It was sooooo good. Sunday, Roxanne headed back home to Indiana. It was so great to have Roxanne here with me. The people here loved her, and she was such a big support to me in this transition. God is so good and orchestrated that so wonderfully. Roxanne, you are such a great friend, and I'm so grateful that we were with me my first weekend here.

Monday was my first day of work- jumped right in! Monday night was actually a murder mystery dinner with the college ministry which was a ton of fun. Check out pictures on Facebook! I love my job so far. I get to be creative and plan programs for youth. I know that it is going to be challenging, but I'm up for it. I'm getting to know people, getting plugged into programs, and feeling more at home every day. There are nights when it is really hard. I'm not used to living alone, which has been hard, but God is more than enough. He is teaching me that He is all I need which I knew, but I'm actually living it out now. O boy, God has so much in store for me here. I am excited to see how everything unfolds!

Basically, this week I am adjusting to this big change. I am taking a week to take it all in, process through it, and embrace the change that I know will change my life forever. It's pretty simple really, but very needed. So prayers are appreciated during this week of adjustment!

No comments:

Post a Comment