Carpe Septem Dies

Friday, April 29, 2011

Week 35: Polanco Family Week

Hello everyone! How was everyone's Easter? Did God reveal Himself to any of you? I'd love to hear if He did! I sure did pray for all of you : )
This week is Week 35, and I am writing this a little late in the week but only because this week has been jam packed with fun and quality time with the Polanco Family. Josh and Jen Polanco are the pastors at The Salvation Army in Blue Island, IL where I began to go after I was saved in 2007. Actually, when I first started going, the building was in Mt. Greenwood, IL but then about a year ago they built a Salvation Army in Blue Island. I worked there at the corps for about a year, ran the youth group (In-fyuz) for about 3 1/2 years, and met my amazing Blue Island corps "family" whom I love and miss dearly. I have lived with the Polancos before, and they are like family. I love each and every one of them. Jen is one of my best friends- it's really amazing how much alike we are.

A couple weeks ago, Josh called me up and told me that there was a possibilty that the family would be coming to Boston for a short short before heading to Puerto Rico. Thank goodness that going to Puerto Rico was too expensive because they decided not to go and to spend their vacation with me instead!!

This week I'm very simply enjoying time with the Polanco Family. We've done a ton of sightseeing, a ton of walking, and a lot of just sharing life together- something I really miss about my Blue Island community. Here are some pictures of the week so far. Looking forward to the last couple days with them, then I'll be sad to see them go but so grateful for the wonderful time spent with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment