Carpe Septem Dies

Monday, May 9, 2011

Week 36: A Week of History

I'm just going to start this week's entry with some honesty. Last week sucked. It's plain and simple. It was really really hard. I wanted to go home, and I'm not even exactly sure why. Two weeks ago, the Polanco Family was here, and it was so nice to have them here with me. Then they left a week ago, and I was kind of a mess. Three weeks ago, I had a good routine going- working out, training for my 5K, eating right, doing my devotions daily, etc. Then the last two weeks, my routine has gone down the drain, I've been feeling pretty down, and I'm just plain frustrated with myself because I just can't seem to get back on track. Plus I have about a million thoughts running through my mind constantly: Why am I here? Am I ever going to find someone? Why can't things just be easy sometimes? Why am I so lonely? I am just tired all around- emotionally, physically, mentally. I know that Satan is trying to get me down.

Ever have those seasons in your life? Please tell me I'm not the only one...

BUT I know that I won't be in this place forever. I think that we all want things to be easy, right? It's better that way, less painful. I know that this season in my life may be really painful, but I trust that God will use it to make me even more like Him. Prayers are really appreciated during this time.

Even through all of this, God is good. I've been able to do some exploring around Boston, seeing some of the historic areas, and I've loved it all! Here's the thing: I feel like I wasn't exactly paying attention in elementary school through high school in my history classes. As I go to these different places- the U.S.S. Constitution, the site of the Boston Tea Party, Paul Revere Park- I wish I could recall more of the history of it all. I know that I would appreciate it even more.

Today I went to the library in Quincy for the first time. It was AMAZING. Three floors of tons of books, and the building is so beautiful. I know that I will be there a lot from no
w on. I got two history books that I plan on reading this week to brush up on some American History. I think it's important to know, and I'm actually really excited to read through it. I've walked the same streets and paths that some really important people in history have walked, and I want to know more about their experiences! Now, hopefully I can get through these books. As I walked around the library, I was thinking that it would be super awesome if there was some type of graphic novel that went through history. I'm all about pictures. I'm kind of like a kid in a way! But these books don't seem to bad : ) So here's to the start of a week of History!

2 comments:

  1. oh my word amanda, im in that kinda season right now too!!! i feel incredibly disconnected in every aspect of my life pretty much. i am praying for you EVERY SINGLE DAY! and just know that i love you DEARLY! even tho we're far apart, you hold such a freaking special and close place in my heart. i am SO blessed for having met you and being able to go to swker college with you ;) LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog amanda!
    Don't worry the season will pass I felt like you did when I was looking for a job a few months ago. I felt pretty worthless and very lonely. Its just a stage and SO normal for someone who just moved. Hang in there I'll be praying for ya!

    p.s. you could always get a pet to keep you company :)

    ~Lindsay Ebels

    ReplyDelete