Carpe Septem Dies

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Week 39: A Week to Be Content



Hey, everyone! What a week and a half it's been! Last week was awesome. For real, it was life changing. I am doing so well. There are still things here and there that I have trouble with, but that's life, right? My perspective and outlook has changed, I am confident that God has everything under control, and I know that He's doing something pretty amazing in my life right now. I love it. I'm still doing "A Call to Die." I just finished the 24th day of the study, and I'm still loving it.

I was thinking earlier today that this blog has made an interesting turn. For the most part, I had a plan of how these weeks would go, but almost every week has changed. It's been a lot about me and working through my own personal stuff inside, which is great but different than I expected. These goals for the weeks haven't been as tangible as I thought, but I still love it. I have learned so much in these 39 weeks. It's crazy to think about where I was 39 weeks ago...so much has changed. Many things I miss, but there are others things that I'm grateful have changed.

I have a hard time living in the moment, being content with where I'm at. I have this annoying tendency to think I should be doing more or should be doing less, never really taking the time to appreciate where I'm at. I don't really ever look at myself and think "Well done, Amanda" which I know isn't good. First of all, anything good is because of God's grace so in a sense it's not really me doing them. I'm obedient because of God's grace. I think too often I'm hard on myself, when God is just so proud of me. Does this make sense?

This week, I am going to be content with where I'm at in this season of my life. I'm going to view myself as God does, and I know that He is just so proud of me, like a father is proud of his daughter. I'm going to challenge you to do the same. There can be so much craziness around us, things we think we need to work on about ourselves, things we need to get accomplished...it's so easy to live day to day without enjoying it- without taking a look at your life at the end of the day and being grateful, being content with where you are in life and with what God is doing. This is kind of what this whole blog is about. This week I'm not going to be hard on myself. I'm going to rejoice in my obedience which is only by God's grace.

I know that a lot of my readers have different views about God, and honestly, I didn't think that this "Seize the Week" blog would be this centered around God, but I hope that you all have enjoyed reading through these posts, getting to know who I am, my struggles, my joys. I hope that you've been challenged and will continue to be challenged as we finish these last weeks. You all are great and such a support!

P.S. I've been trying to comment in response to all of your wonderful comments, but for some reason I'm having a hard time doing that...I'll keep trying!
P.P.S I took the picture at Panera. I wanted to share my favorite spot with you. I love to go to Panera and do my reading and devotions. The picture is my set up, including my favorite low fat black cherry smoothie : )

No comments:

Post a Comment