Carpe Septem Dies

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Week 40: A Week of Water

Hello, friends! Welcome to week 40! Re-cap of last week: It was a great week, and this past weekend was amazing. I think I've finally found content in being by myself as well as in being with others. I went to see a movie with a friend this past Friday, and then Saturday I spent mostly by myself. But I love every minute of my Saturday. I went to the Quincy Flag day parade. I got there really early and found my spot where I read and did devotions before the parade started. Then after the parade, there were fireworks. I LOVE fireworks. It was just a beautiful, peaceful day. I was very content.

This past Sunday after Teen Night, I took one of the teens home. It was a beautiful night, so after I dropped her off, I took an impromptu drive over to the beach. My goodness, it was the perfect night-nice and cool, the sunset was beautiful, and the view of the water was amazing. That night I knew that this week would be focused on water somehow.

This week is very simple. Quincy is honestly the perfect location. I am minutes away from Boston, within walking distance of the "T" which is like the "L" in Chicago. Also, there is water everywhere. I can drive or walk to a beach which I wasn't able to do in Chicago. I feel like I need to take advantage of that! This week my plan is do simply be by water. For example, last night I went to Wollaston Beach right after my workout. I read, did devotions, memorized scripture, just sat there soaking in the view, listening to some music, etc. I was there for about 3 hours. I watched the sun set. It was amazing. I'm reading a book called "Can you Hear Me?" It's a book about tuning in and listening to God who is already speaking. I read some of the book last night, and I did some of the exercises that go with it. God spoke clearly. It's amazing what happens when you actually take the time to listen. The author talked about God using every day situations to speak to us, and so I paused and thought about what God might be trying to say to me. Then pretty quickly, the thought came to me that there was significance in what I had done last night. I had come to the beach, spent time with God, waiting for the sunset and when I saw that sunset, it was beautiful. I felt God saying to be, "Wait on me, for my perfect timing, and you will see and experience something beautiful." There is a lot that I'm waiting on God for, so this was such an encouragement to me. Any way, all this to say: I'm really looking forward to a peaceful week at the beach with God.

I will do my best to upload pictures at the different beaches I go to this week. Part of my goal is to go to a different beach or wharf every day. I took this picture last night. Beautiful, right?

1 comment:

  1. :) it amazes me how our journeys sound so similar sometimes. last night i went to an awesome Zumba workout with a friend, and driving home just soaked in the most beautiful sunset, telling God that I love Him because he makes such beautiful things. i mean, the whole world is gorgeous, how could we not be in love with God when we see it? i think we get to feeling so small inside the world we cant even see it anymore 'cant see the forest for the trees' etc.

    ReplyDelete