Carpe Septem Dies

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Week 41, Part 2: More Extreme Couponing

So....I need more time to devote to this couponing. I have talked to a few of you, and I know that you are excited about this week because you also want to learn how to do it. I've decided to focus more on that this week because it kind of takes some time to start off. Here's what I've found so far thanks to my lovely friend Jen who I talked about in the last blog. She's great at this and has a lot of practice with couponing. Here's what she's told me:

1. Go to this website called The Frugal Girls. It's a great website that will show you coupons to use, freebies, different deals, different stores coupon policies (some stores will double coupons on a certain day of the week), crafts, recipes, different party ideas, etc. It's an awesome website and helps lead you through couponing. Go and check it out.

2. Jen told me to get a binder and some of those baseball card holders to put in the binder. She has this binder where she puts all of her coupons in order by category. For example: "frozen foods," "personal hygiene," "breakfast," etc. So when she's collecting her coupons, she'll find the category and put it in the binder. Carry the binder with you to the grocery store that way if you see a good deal, you can pull a coupon and make it even better!

3. Also, check out this book called "Pick Another Checkout Lane, Honey." I found another blog that does a review, and you can check it out here. There's also a link on that page where you can order the book from Amazon. Basically, it's a book that talks about different couponing techniques. I'm waiting for my book in the mail!

4. Also, you can go to Facebook and "like"the page "Frugal Living and Having Fun!" They will show you different coupons and great deals. Click here to head to that group.

5. I'm starting my collection of coupons by printing them off the Internet (go to that Frugal Girls website for starters) and cutting them out of the paper (you can pick up a Sunday paper that has all the coupons on Saturday evening).

That's it for today, but I'll keep you posted on whatever else I find!

No comments:

Post a Comment