Carpe Septem Dies

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Week 25, Day 2

January 26, 2011- at 7:30PM went to Eisenhower track to run. Today was a heavy do so had to beat my time- needed to beat 11 min for 3/4 of a mile. Honestly, my whole body ached and had no idea how I was going to run. This time, I had plenty of kleenex, vaseline that I had bought, and better gloves. I stretched, started my timer and began to run. This time I tried to have better posture, blew my nose frequently, and felt like I breathed better- even though I still huffed and puffed. Finished 3/4 of a mile in 10 min and 20 secs!!!!!!! Walked a lap and stretched. Before going to bed, did more stretching, crunches, squats, and leg lifts. Even though my body feels like it got run over by a bus numerous times, I feel good knowing that I am continuing on. Praise God- only His strength will get me through this!!

3 comments:

  1. Amanda,

    That is awesome! I am so proud of you already and I know you will accomplish your goals by putting in the effort. I'm a little jealous, actually. I haven't been able to run or work out this week due to over-doing it and pulling some muscles in my chest and back. I'm hoping to be fully recovered by next week though. Keep up the good work and be sure to get plenty of rest and recovery time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "feels like it got run over by a bus numerous times" lololololol girl that is hilarious. and i totally know what you mean hahahahaha. that is the best thing about exercising :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nick- thank you!! Hope you recover soon! And when things get a little less chaotic, we'll have to catch up : )
    Kiri- Glad you found that funny : ) But seriously, I was SOOOOO sore!!! Love ya, girl!

    ReplyDelete