Carpe Septem Dies

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Week 44, Day 5

My “little sister” is one of the most amazing people I know. I remember the day that she was born, I remember reading to her when she was a baby, I remember her following us around because she wanted to be like her big sisters. I remember she was the cutest baby.

Now, she is my little sister but grown up into a lovely young woman. Seriously, I can’t believe she is a sophomore in COLLEGE. When did that even happen???? I remember when I first found out she was going away to college, and I was so proud of her. I knew that it was a big step for her. Elyse has taught me a lot about family. She loves us so much. Not saying that Jennie and I don’t, but Elyse has always consistently put family first. No matter what. She’s a “Daddy’s girl” AND a “Mommy’s girl.” Because of her great love her for us, it was hard for her to go away, but I am so glad that she did so she can get that experience.

I have realized that since Elyse has grown up, I have become really protective of her. When her heart is broken, all I want to do is punch the person in the face who hurt her. For real. Guys, please be aware that you might never be good enough for Elyse in my eyes…ok that sounds mean. But the point is that, it’s going to take a very very very amazing guy to be good enough for my little sister. There will be many tests and daring feats he will need to perform before things get serious. Trust me.

I’m the oldest, but I will tell you that my younger sisters have been the ones to teach me, to shape who I am today. Elyse is an amazing friend- she goes above and beyond for them. She really loves people and that is very clear. Her family is always #1 priority. She’s such a hard worker. School has never come easy for her, but she works so hard and ends up doing an amazing job.

Elyse and I are a lot alike. We both love to sing (Jennie thinks she’s not a good singer, but she’s full of crap) and we love musicals. Some of my favorite times with Elyse lately have been the times we’ve gone to the theater and spent time together doing something we both enjoy. I just love her so much.

It’s funny. I didn’t really think that this week would be so much about my family. There have been SOOO many experiences, events, people in my life that have shaped who I am today. But it’s my family that has made the most impact. I love them more and more each day. I miss them a lot, but I know that wherever I am, they are there for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment