Carpe Septem Dies

Monday, December 6, 2010

Week 20: Right Hand Woman Week


It's been awhile, friends! Hope you are all doing well and getting ready for the holiday! Last week as you know, I didn't do anything. I call it "It's the week after Thanksgiving, and I need to get back in the swing of things" Week. For all of you readers out there, let me tell you, it's difficult to make a goal every week and try to meet it. So, last week I gave myself a little break.

Can you believe it's already December? Before we know it, it's going to be Christmas, then the New Year. This season, especially for my pastors, is a chaotic season. My pastor Jen happens to be one of my best friends, and somebody that I really look up to. If you're reading this, and you're a pastor, you know the work that goes into shepherding a church. If you're reading this, and you're an officer in The Salvation Army, you know the chaos that kettles brings and the load that puts on the officers and the rest of the congregation. Jen somehow manages to raise three kids, run Kingdom Kids (kids church), teach young adult Sunday school, mentor various youth adults, run Women's Ministries, preach sometimes, keep statistics, do laundry, keep up with cleaning the house, and the tasks could continue on and on.

This week, my goal is to lighten her load a little bit. Instead of having a million things to do, I hope that this week, Jen has time for herself and that she can take some time to relax. This week, I am her "right hand woman" - I'm here to cook, clean, hang out with the kids, run errands, whatever it is that I can do to help. Those people out there who have extra time this week, I challenge you to think about a person in your life who could use a hand. Make a meal, clean a room, volunteer some time for a person in your life whom you love and appreciate. Maybe if we all do this, then everyone will have the time to stop and truly enjoy this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment