Carpe Septem Dies

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Week 16: War Against Negativity, Doubt, and Fear

Hello, friends!! I hope that as you all read this, you are doing well and that you had a wonderful Halloween weekend! My week last week went ok, but I have to admit I wasn't able to enjoy fall activities as much as I was hoping. I planned and ran a Fall Fest for families and then teens at The Salvation Army, which was fun but A LOT of work. That really took up most of my week. It was, however, awesome to see all the families and teens dressed up and having fun together. About 180 people came out for the fests which far surpassed my expectations! God is good!

On Saturday, I was able to go to my favorite nature preserve and enjoy a nice walk. It was beautiful outside, and I found a piece of nature that was super picture worthy, but I didn't have my camera. This week, I need to go back and take a picture. I will upload it to the blog sometime this week. Also, I had one goal for Halloween...and I achieved that goal. It was to watch Hocus Pocus! I love that movie...don't judge me : ) I had a lovely Halloween. Church friends came over, we ate candy, acted silly, and had a bunch of fun! Here's a picture:

Totally unrelated to Halloween, I spent a good portion of the afternoon/early evening in the prayer room with my fellow prayer ministry team members. It was my "Freedom Day," and God did just that- freed me. Without going into details, I had been struggling for a while with insecurities, I confessed beliving lies for so long and took in the truth. It was an amazing day, God has changed me, and with His perfect grace and strength, I am moving forward daily.

This week I decided to do a war on negativity, doubt, and fear. Here's the thing: I know what God has called me to do, but I am still worrying about how everything is going to turn out. You know what I mean? You have all these questions floating around in your head, and you keep worrying about what's going to end up happening, is everything going to work out, how am I going to do this, what will I have to give up to pursue God's calling....the questions are endless. But the thing is, there is no use in worrying about all this stuff, doubting God, being negative. Being negative- how many times do I sit there and complain? How many times do I have a negative attitude towards things. No more. This week will be interesting : ) Who's with me in this? I DARE you to join me!

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, nobody should be judging you for wanting to watch "Hocus Pocus". That is my all-time favorite Halloween movie!! I have wanted to watch it the past 2 Halloweens, but haven't. So congratulations on achieving your goal! Second, and I don't know that I've ever told you this, I'd admire your faith in God so much. I think it takes an amazing person to have so much faith. And, lastly, you probably know this, but you aren't alone in worrying about what is going to happen and how things are going to work out. I think having a positive attitude about how things have been going and how things are going to go is a great idea and if you ever need someone to talk to about it, I'm here. :)

    ReplyDelete