Carpe Septem Dies

Friday, November 26, 2010

Week 19, Day 4

How was your Thanksgiving? Mine was great- full of family and food! Since I didn't post yesterday, here are two things that I am so very grateful for.

1. My family: It is such a blessing to be able to come home to a family full of people who love me. This past week, about 300 middle school students came through The Salvation Army to do team building activities. We played a game called "The Line Game" where I asked some questions, and if they answered yes to that question, they would step up to the line on the ground. Basically, it made the kids take ownership and be honest about these things in their life that they are going through. I asked tough questions like: Who has never met their mother? Who feels unloved by their parents? Whose parents are addicted to drugs? My heart broke as students stepped up to the line in response to these questions. These things are not true for my family, and that is a blessing. Both of my parents are still together, my parents and siblings love and support me, we all get along, and if I ever need my family they are always there for me.

2. My salvation: I don't really know where my life would be without God. I accepted Christ July 26, 2007 at Cedar Lake Ministries where I was a camp counselor for the summer. My life completely changed after that. I grew up in the Catholic church but had no idea what a relationship with God looked like. I went to church, tried to be a good person, yet something was missing and it started to become more and more evident that I just wasn't getting something. I thought that if I did enough "good" things, that I would get to heaven. Then at camp, I started to here people talk about how you are saved through faith in Jesus Christ. It was simple- a free gift. I am a sinner (we all are), I needed someone to save me (Jesus), and now I go to Jesus asking for forgiveness and then with God's strength, turn away from those things. I praise God that He saved me, that I live my life for Him, that I am able to share this message with the world, and that I'm still a work in process, yet He has a wonderful plan for me (and you!). My prayer this Thanksgiving is that if you don't know God, that you would today. He's been pursuing you, He loves you, and He wants you to come home to Him. It's your choice. If you'd like prayer or have questions- just ask! e-mail me at Amanda.Keene@trnty.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment