Carpe Septem Dies

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Week 23, Day 4

I finished "Spider-man: Torment," and I really liked it! It was different than all the Spiderman comics I've read- the art was a lot different and the style of writing was, too. It seemed kind of cheesy. The only way I can think to describe it's cheesiness is to compare it to the original "King Kong" movie. In this comic, the villain is a big lizard that terrorizes the city. It's more goofy than scary or intense. I really liked it though!

Today I headed to Borders, and I bought the graphic novel "Amulet" by Kazu Kibuishi. When I first saw it, I was immediately drawn to the art. Come to find out, Kazu Kibuishi was also the editor of "Flight" which is one of my favorite graphic novel series. Here's what the back cover says: "There's something strange behind the basement door...After a family tragedy, Emily, Navin, and their mother move to an ancestral home to start a new life. On the family's very first night in the mysterious house, Em and Navin's mom is kidnapped by a tentacled creature. Now it's up to Em and Navin to figure out how to set things right and save their mother's life!"
Sounds good, right? : ) Goodnight, all! Time for some reading...

1 comment:

  1. Amulet is so good - you won't be able to not buy the next two now. He also is the artist behind Bolt City: http://www.boltcity.com/

    ReplyDelete