Carpe Septem Dies

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Week 25, Day 4

January 28, 2011- Woke up and felt good! Almost not sore at all. Plus the weather was great- it was even sunny. Before heading to the track, did 10 min on the elliptical to see if it would stretch my legs out and maybe make the run a little smoother. After, headed to the track and felt very optimistic about the run. Stretched and began to run. Goal=do 3/4 of a mile plus to the lamp post in less than 11 min and 18 seconds, which is what it took the day before. Ran a lap and legs were burning. Had to walk a lap, then run again, then walk. Honestly, I was discouraged. I wanted to get my goal done, but I also didn't want to push it. I just need to remember that I CAN DO THIS. I've done a great job so far, and I will continue on. I need to let myself rest too. Maybe it had something to do with the elliptical? Not sure. Next run, I will aim to beat the time.

3 comments:

  1. Don't beat yourself up, girlfriend! It was just a mental block. Were you thinking about something else while running?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was it a mental block?? I have been going nuts trying to figure out what my problem is. I was wondering if the snow had anything to do with it? There was a significant snow fall then the next time I ran, I was having issues. Any way, there has been a lot on my mind, so maybe that's it. I usually try to pray while running to keep my foucs. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  3. To me your entry sounded like you had a lot on your mind. Sometimes it happens to me where I set out to run one thing and walk off not accomplishing what I thought I would. I have a tendency to beat myself up about it sometimes. I've learned to take a step back and re-assess the reason I began running in the first place.

    Besides your goal to run a 5k, WHY are you setting out to do this? What is your "powerful why" (the REAL reason you set out to run)? Once you've figured it out, write it down, decorate it, and then hang it somewhere!

    ReplyDelete