Carpe Septem Dies

Monday, January 31, 2011

Week 26, Day 2, Part 2

Here's Ryan's post with pictures he created (up above and down below):

My wife, Kaitlyn, didn’t think I would write anything for this. Through all my jokes and derailing actions she was able to finish her own interpretation of what “Seize the Week” means to her. Now it is my turn so let’s hold each other’s hands and take a journey back-back to a simpler time 25 weeks ago.

Amanda had joined Kaitlyn and I for a relaxing night at our apartment. While we were in the kitchen preparing dinner Amanda presented us with an idea for a blog but was having trouble coming up with a name. I instantly shot to my computer to look up terms that related to a week or seven days and came across “Seize the Day” which led to “Seize the Week”. Originally, it was in Latin but the English version was much more accessible. Even though I hadn’t really envisioned what the blog would turn into, I was excited to help in what I saw as an adventure.

For anyone who does not know me, I LOVE ADVENTURE. Any kind, any place. And that is how I see this blog: as a weekly adventure. One specific topic is chosen and Boom! adventure ensues. You don’t know what you’re really getting into and what you will really learn. It’s like when your parents teach you to fish but it’s really about patience or something (I really wasn’t listening when my own father explained it). You not only learn a new trade or learn about a new style of music but you learn about yourself. I know that sounds corny but that is how it is. So carry yourself on an adventure…

…and all it takes is seven days
.

1 comment: