Carpe Septem Dies

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Week 22, Day 6


Vacation time is wonderful, I must say. I don't really have an exciting update, but I have been doing my best to relax and catch up with family and friends. Yesterday, for New Years Eve, I spent the day with a dear friend of mine, Roxanne from the camp I worked at a couple years ago. I was able to get lunch with her, take a mini road trip to Blue Island, and then spend the evening at a party that she was co-hosting. I was also able to spend some time with another camp friend, which was really great. For those of you who have experienced camp life, camp friends are very special. You spend only 2 months together, yet you leave for the summer feeling like you're leaving friends you've known forever.

I left the party around 11:00PM to spend time at home, yet I got there and everyone was sleeping so I watched the ball drop by myself. At first, I thought it was really lame but then I realized that I was strangely ok with it. I also decided to pray over my sleeping niece who is 3 years old. If I love my niece as much as I do, I can only imagine how much I will love my own child.

Today, I was able to see my grandma in the hospital. Earlier this week, she fell in her bedroom and ended up breaking her leg. The night it happened, I was out with my friend Mike. He was dropping me back off at home when we pulled up to see an ambulance in front of the house. I don't think my heart has beat that fast and hard in a long time. Mike and I hurried into the house to see my grandma who has fallen not too long ago. After a little while, Grandma was taken to the hospital. All that to say, I spent some time with her today, and I was happy to do so.

After that, I came back to my parents house, helped put away Christmas decorations, and then headed to the basement to watch some Dexter and to paint my toenails-something so simple yet it's surprising how I don't find time to do that. And now I'm sitting here writing this blog.

It's 2011. Can you believe it? I look forward to continuing Seize the Week and also labeling this year as "Amanda's Year." Yep, I'm going to be selfish and continue to let God work on me. I'm not going to make any resolutions, but I will say that I have many things that I would like to work on. Mostly, I feel like this is going to be a year of discipline, not just making choices based on how they will affect other people but taking my best interest into consideration as well, committing to hard core prayer about different things in my life, continuing preparation for training, and listening for where God is lead me in this last year and a half before going to training. Happy 2011, everyone! I pray that it's an amazing year of growth for all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment