Carpe Septem Dies

Monday, January 31, 2011

Week 26, Day 2

Today our guest bloggers are Ryan and Kaitlyn Perisin! If you guys know these two people, then you know they are amazing. If you don't know, them, well you should : ) Kaitlyn has been the friend I've had the longest, since Kindergarten. We've had a ton of great times together. I remember in elementary school, I broke my arm but I was sooooo excited to go to Kaitlyn's birthday party the next day, that I didn't tell my mom it was really hurt. We've shared choir experiences together, starred in a soap opera together (inside joke), and so much more. Her family has been like a family to me; I love them all. I have known Ryan since high school. Hands down, Ryan is my one friend who has changed the most, in an amazingly good way. He is a strong man who has been through more in the last few years than most people go through in a lifetime. Kait and Ryan both have HUGE hearts for people, and would do just about anything for the people they love. They are two of my best friends who are a constant source of love and support. And they are so stinking creative and witty. They crack me up...a lot. They love music, comic books, movies....I only hope to be as cool as them some day : ) The first entry is from Kaitlyn:


Everybody has things that they want to do before they die. Kind of like a “bucket list” which, despite how I feel about that one movie, presents us all with a challenge-What would you do if you have one week to live?

My husband Ryan & I have discussed our bucket list(s) many times before, and even keep a running list. Some of my bucket list goals include living for a year in Austria (preferably Innsbruck), hugging a fennec fox (I mean, have you seen these guys?! Adorable.), and learning to play guitar well. A running list of Ryan’s bucket list goals include going scuba diving, traveling to Bhutan, and growing a beard (eventually). We also have a joint-list of things we want to do which include raising a family together, opening our record store/bakery, and going skydiving.

Amanda is a great friend of ours. I have known her since kindergarten and Ryan has known her since high school. We read her blog often and were so flattered when she asked us to “guest star”, so to speak. She asked us to describe what “Seize the Week” meant to us. To us, seizing the week means setting goals that are important to you and achieving them with the support of your family, friends and God. For us, it means finally crossing off one of our bucket list goals-we are going skydiving!

We have signed up for a jump in April & are really excited about going. It is going to be scary & intimidating, but Amanda has inspired us to go for it! Hopefully it will be an exhilarating and rewarding experience, as well!

If anyone would like to join us, we are jumping out of a plane on Sunday, April17th! It is $200 per person, but we are going to start saving now. We would like to thank Amanda for inviting us to blog with her, and for inspiring us to go for our goals!


Keep reading the next entry for Ryan's part....

1 comment: