Carpe Septem Dies

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Week 25, Day 5 & 6

January 29, 2011- Headed over to the track at about 10:30AM. Stretched before and then started to run. Had the same problem as yesterday. Ended up doing 6 laps, which is a mile and a half, but rotating walking and running. SO DISCOURAGING!!!!!!!! Mental block? My body needs to recover? Is it harder to run on snow? I don't know!!!! But I need to keep going!!

Day 6, I am resting. It feels good to rest, and tomorrow I need to kick it in gear. Prayers are greatly appreciated! And any tips are too.

2 comments:

  1. You CAN do this!! When I first started jogging I was running 12-13 minute miles - and walking half the time. It takes time to work yourself up to a "good" time. My mom, who has been running for more than half her life, runs 10 minutes miles. It's all about how you feel during it. And there is NO shame is walking. You don't want to hurt yourself.
    Once you've recovered, start jogging again - walking is still good training. Don't put so much pressure on yourself and the time. You are still doing such an amazing thing! It takes guts to get started running and to keep at it. Just keep going - you'll make it. Trust me. And hydrate!!! :) I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh, Melanie! You're so great! I miss you a lot and wish we could go running together!! Thanks so much for the encouragement. I always tend to be hard on myself and don't have a lot of patience when it comes to me. Go figure. But I know I can do this, and i don't want to go crazy then end up hurtng myself. I will make sure to recover, drink plenty of water, and I will keep going!!

    ReplyDelete