Carpe Septem Dies

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Week 24: Research Week


I guess I should welcome myself back to the blogging world! It's been a while since I updated, so sorry everyone. I want to share this quick story with all of you: a few days ago, my good friend Kaitlyn texted me and asked if everything was ok because I hadn't blogged yet that week. I thought it was so sweet, and actually realized that me not blogging usually means something is up. So thanks for checking on me!

So, the last couple weeks have been rough. It's interesting because for the first couple weeks of January, I went on a fast in order to seek God about a few things. Literally 3 days into the fast, it seemed like my life shook a bit. My job wasn't so secure anymore, later found out I would need to move out of my house because of financial reasons, I began applying to any job that looked like something I would love to do, and my grandma's health rapidly deteriorated. Suddenly, the unknowns in my life doubled (at least that's what it feels like), and all I've able to really do is trust in God-trust that He has everything under control, that His promises still stand, and that He is the one and only true constant that I have in my life.

I've spent a few nights in the hospital with my grandma. It's been one of the hardest things in my life, honestly. It's crazy to remember your grandma as totally with it just a week ago, and then not with it a week later. There was a series of events that led up to her being put in the hospital but ultimately, she has caught a nasty infection which has pretty much wreaked havoc in her body. Just yesterday, she has returned back to my parents home where she will live out her last moments. Prayers are greatly appreciated in all of this. Prayers for a peaceful passing.

All that to say, that I am still standing and that God is good and faithful! An update from last week: Tim- you were totally right. LOVED Amulet and immediately went out to buy the others, which I also loved. SO GOOD! I felt a little like a child in a magical world of wonder- may seem a little cheesy but that's the best way to describe it! I loved the art, the story, the characters, and the message I received from it. If you readers have not read it, I would highly suggest it! If you have children who love graphic novels, try getting them a copy.

This week, I've been doing some research. Basically, I have a lot of cool ideas for the rest of this "Seize the Week" year- a lot of which requires some research. So that's what I'm doing this week. I'm getting weeks set in stone, finding the people who can help me with these weeks, and communicate with community members with whom I can partner. This is pretty much last chance to throw ideas at me! Yes, Kaitlyn- there will be a baking week in which you will guest appear : ) If you have an idea and would like to guest appear, I would love it!! Send the idea my way. You can either comment or send an e-mail to seizetheweek@gmail.com or text me if you have my number : )

Thank you all for being dedicated readers and most importantly, friends.

1 comment:

  1. nice to see you back Amanda. I will keep your gram (and you) in my prayers. For me, losing my grama was the most pivotal moment of my life. I miss her so much! We are so blessed to have had that sort of gram!

    ReplyDelete