Carpe Septem Dies

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Week 26, Day 3

Our guest blogger for today is Tim Franklin. Tim is a friend I met through Mike Dodaro (guest blogger #1). I have ridden in a car with Tim and his wife, Mary and probably had one conversation with them. Mainly, I know Tim from the wonderful world of blogging and through Crazy Monkeys (an improv troupe that he and Mike were in during college)!I have been following his blog for a while now, and he has been a big supporter of mine. I do know that he is a great person, a funny person, and very creative! I look forward to getting to know him better in the blogging world and outside. Make sure you check his blog out at http://frimtanklin.blogspot.com/

Now, Tim and Mike plus some of their other friends have "Seized the Week" and made their dream a reality...see how in Tim's post:




A couple of years ago, I graduated from Purdue University and left The Crazy Monkeys, the improv comedy group I had been a part of for about three years. After a few months of watching other people perform, Mike (another Monkey graduate) and I decided that we should start our own Lafayette-based improv group.

We talked about it a LOT.

But it wasn’t until this past summer (I think) that the ball really got rolling. Our friend Matt decided that he was really going to push for this, so he started pushing us. Then our other friend Katie joined in, and all of a sudden we had an improv group.

We tried to meet for practice as often as we could – which was hard, since Katie was driving from Crown Point, Matt from Angola, and Mike from Rensselaer. But we made it work.
Now we have a show scheduled, we have shirts ordered, we have public auditions coming up, we have business cards and stickers ordered, and we are feeling way too legitimate for our own good. We walked around on Chauncey Hill in West Lafayette in robot costumes and handed out fliers. We have a website (adliberation.net), a logo, and are working on an original format for future shows. You can find us on Facebook and Twitter.


This is exciting.

I feel that we really pushed through on something that could potentially be around in the Lafayette area for years, and it really wouldn’t have happened if we hadn’t come together in the way that we did and decide ‘You know what? We’re doing this.’
And you know what? We’re totally doing this.


1 comment:

  1. I like all these guest blog posts. I am enjoying them quite a bit. I also love the idea of this blog. I imagine at the end of this you will really look how much you have grown as a person. Great job Amanda.

    ReplyDelete