Carpe Septem Dies

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Week 3, Day 4

So, I'm going to be honest... I have not been able to stay awake to watch all of Gone with the Wind or Casablanca! As I am writing this, I am watching The Godfather, and I am hopeful that this will be the first movie I finish!

The one thing I can say, is that it's amazing how films have evolved over the years. From what I did see of those two movies, I can tell that movies used to have a slower pace and more detail. Now, a movie isn't good to most people if it's not flashy, quick paced, and exciting. Also, these older movies have class, unlike most of our movies today. What does this say about our society?

That's about all for now...just pray I can stay awake long enough to finish these movies!

4 comments:

  1. I just watched The Godfather for the first time a few weeks ago. I loved it so much more than I ever imagined. I was taking notes on it for the first half hour for work, but then I just completely was absorbed into it. It's probably one of my favorite movies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to re-watch it! What I saw of it was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my favorite post so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ryan~ yeah? Why is it your favorite?

    ReplyDelete