Carpe Septem Dies

Monday, August 2, 2010

Week 3: Oscar Film Week

Hello, Everyone! Welcome to Week 3. Sorry I am updating this a little late, but as many of you know, my sister got married this past Saturday. And it was so much fun!
Week 2 ended and letters were all sent out. It was a great week remembering and loving on my friends and family.


I really don't have too much to say other than this week I am watching an Oscar winning film each day! I am really excited, and I knew I would need a low key goal for this week due to all the chaos of the wedding last week. I literally printed off a list of Oscar winning movies, went to Blockbuster, and rented whatever I could find! I got the list here: http://www.tif.ro/movies/oscar/lista.htm


I have seen a few movies off this list, but I decided to only watch ones that I have not already seen. The earliest I could find was the 1939 winner "Gone with the Wind." My goal is to try and find the very first winner "Wings" which was a silent film and watch it before the end of the week. I am going to watch them in order from the earliest movies I chose to the most recent winners. Tonight I am doubling up since I didn't get a chance to watch one last night. So tonight I am watching "Gone with the Wind" and "Casablanca." It's going to be a LONG night : )

3 comments:

  1. Fiddle-dee-dee! Gone With the Wind is enough for one night for me! Don't forget to post your choice for your favorite! Orville Redenbacher is the best choice for popcorn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you watching the movies with anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That probably would have made it a lot easier to stay awake...I'm going to need to re-do this week or maybe add it onto another week. I'm not sure yet, but maybe you can watch some with me!

    ReplyDelete