Carpe Septem Dies

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Week 4, Poem #7


A Different Race


I love my family- don't get me wrong,
But sometimes I feel as if I don't belong.
My sisters have become like peas in a pod
And I feel a little like the one who is odd.
It's weird to be in a family, yet try to fit in.
It's been a battle for years, and I've yet to win.
It's not anyone's fault and no one's to blame.
Who we choose to life for is just not the same.
My faith, my identity is foreign and out of place.
We are all just runnning a different race.


** Yesterday, I moved my little sister into college. It was a very odd experience, filled with many diferent emotions. Something was a little off yesterday, and I felt like it was me. I was gettting irritated with certain things and usually I can just ignore it and move on, but that proved to be very difficult yesterday. I left her at school as I was feeling misunderstood, out of place, and honestly, completely apart from my family. There is so much more to this, but bottom line is that I love my family even through these feelings of mine.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing poems,Amanda! Thank you for sharing insights to your heart.

    ReplyDelete