Carpe Septem Dies

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Week 6, Day 2

So I'm a little late with these pictures, but I did take them on Monday! Here they are:

I took this one before it got pretty dark. This was taken near a park down the street from our house.

This one above is my favorite! Rebecca and I decided to walk around the neighbrohood last night and take pictures. This is a picture of one of the churches/schools that is down the street for us. Basically, last night Rebecca wanted me to practice taking pictures in natural light. I like this picture for many reasons, but one of them is what it means to me. I'll let you decide what it means to you.

The one above, I took at that same church. I tried to use the gate in the picture, and that's a roommate Rebecca! I realized last night that I really like taking pictures that were symbolic of something. Do you know what I mean? I like finding situations or setting up compositions with deeper meanings. I'm not sure if that makes sense....hopefully it does : )

I just think this one is a lot of fun! It's a picture of the bowling alley that is right down the street. I like the colors and the two lights in it.

This last picture was taken right across the street. Blue Island has a lot of cute little shops all up and down Western Ave.
Well, that's it for yesterday! I'm learning a lot and trying to be creative. I'm still trying to get used to using the shutter and aperture and knowing how to use them, how to bring more light into a picture, and then less....I'll get the hang of it, right?

6 comments:

  1. So ... i wander what the picture of me behinde bars is symbolic of ... hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. J.D.!! These are great!! The last one looks like a picture that could be a postcard. This is such a wonderful project you've undertaken. You always impress me, though. I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MELANIE!!! I am so happy you are following my blog! Thank you for your kinds words- love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And rebecca....what do YOU think it means : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. i LOVE the feed my lambs picture...with an gate cracked open...oh i just love it!

    ReplyDelete