Carpe Septem Dies

Monday, August 16, 2010

Week 5: Community Week

Good morning! It's crazy to think that I have been doing this for five weeks already! Last week was quite challenging, but it was so awesome to get back to something that I really love doing. And now that I have gotten into a routine of writing poetry again, I plan on continuing to write frequently. The first three poems were very emotionally draining. I'm not sure if you readers have experience writing, but so much emotion goes into it. That's why I wrote some shorter ones and more light hearted ones toward the middle and end.

I also want to say that I have been so blessed by you guys. "Seize the Week" is something that I'm doing for myself and would still do it even if no one read my blog or commented, but your comments and support mean the world to me. It's been awesome to get phone calls asking about my week or as I walk into work, co-workers commenting on my blog from the previous day. I even received a postcard from a good friend with words of encouragement! You guys are awesome.

Also, I have had many friends say that they would like to join me for certain weeks. Please do!! God is working through this project. An example is a friend of mine decided to bravely share a piece of poetry entitled "Evaporation" last week, which he had never done before. I read it, and loved it! You can check it out here:
http://davesandell.posterous.com/

These weeks have been awesome for me so far. I am growing, making more time for myself, focusing on what really matters....How awesome would it be for more people to do this?? So this is your invitation. Please come along beside me in this journey!

This week is "Community Week." First of all, I will admit that I live 20-25 minutes (walking distance) away from my job, yet I will still drive to work. I was doing an awesome job of walking to work in the beginning, but then summer camp happened. I have to be at the church by 6:30 AM every day, so in order to walk there I need to get up even earlier. Really, there's no excuse. So, this week I am starting up the habit of walking again.

Also, during my walks I want to be intentional about meeting people in the community. This means that my goal is to stop and have a conversation with every person that I see on my way to work and back.


Second confession, I don't really know my neghbors. I have met one of them and have had a couple conversations with him, but nothing significant. I think that being intentional with neighbors is important, and I'm not going to let being busy be an excuse any more. I'm excited about this week, and I will keep you all posted on my walking/neighbor meeting adventures! And remember...you should join me!!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you had an amazing week! Did it go as you thought it would? I look forward to you next post!

    ReplyDelete