Carpe Septem Dies

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Week 4: Poetry Week


Ok, well this week didn't quite go as planned. It turns out that it is near impossible to watch a movie every night when you don't get enough sleep. I tried my best to stay awake for these movies, but it just didn't work out. Now, if you know me at least a little bit, you will know that I am hard on myself and that I don't like to fail. At first when I was thinking about this week, I felt like I failed. And you may be reading this and thinking, "Amanda, it's not a big deal." But to me, this year signifies something big, something that I am doing for myself. This week I was so tired I couldn't even stay awake to watch the movies!

I think what I learned this week is that it's ok to not have things go as planned. I knew this deep down, but I like to have control, and I like to have things go my way! So you readers are correct- it's not a big deal. I will try Oscar Film Week again during a month where I actually have gotten rest, and not one where I'm running a summer camp : )

That brings me to this week's goal: writing a piece of poetry every day. I look at this goal, and even I will be surprised if I actually do meet it. Most of you probably don't know that I have written a lot of poetry in the past, but like a lot of my hobbies, I haven't done it in a long time. It was just one of those things that got brushed to the side as I went to college, then graduated, and now as I'm working full time and basically living life. I do know that God has given me a wonderful sense of creativitiy, and I want to start living that out again.

Every day I will upload the poem that I have written. Feel free to comment on them and give me your feedback! I'm excited to get back to one of my loves in life, and I think this week will be really fun for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment