Carpe Septem Dies

Monday, August 30, 2010

Week 7: Music Week

Hello, friends! Yes, I still have to upload photos for two days, but the internet at my house has been down, so haven't really had the chance to put them up. My plan is to do that later today, but for now I want to announce Music Week for this week. My dear friend, Martha, who is a huge supporter of Seize the Week gave me the idea of listening to and exploring music that I've never heard before. I'm actually really excited about this week because I tend to have just a couple favorites and then listen to them all the time like Imogen Heap and Rosie Thomas. I'm excited to branch out and listen to some other great artists, so if you have any suggestions throw them my way!

Today I found a couple good bands. The first one is Sissy Mena. I like their sound, and I think their music is pretty creative. They're a rock/indie group from Chicago. http://www.myspace.com/sissymena

The other one I came across is Parachute. I've actually heard of them before, and I've heard their song "She is Love," but their other music is awesome. They kind of remind me of Jon McLaughlin, which is a favorite of mine. They are actually going to be at Subterranean in Chicago in October. Any one want to go? Definitely check them out-I really like "Mess I Made": http://www.myspace.com/parachute

I plan on updating my blog every day and including links to the music I'm listening to. Join me! Happy listening, friends!

1 comment: