Carpe Septem Dies

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Week 7, Day 2


Hello, everyone! Music week has been going great so far. I want to start by saying that a lot of the joy from doing Seize the Week has been watching my friends participate with me. Let me explain: Last night, well technically Day 2, I spent the evening with my dear friends Kaitlyn and Ryan Perisin. I've known Kaitlyn since pre-school (crazy, right?) and Ryan has been a friend since high school. We spent a great night at the Cubs game, even though the Cubs got slaughtered, and then after we headed back to their place. I had told them that this week was music week, and you should have seen their faces. Now, you must know that Ryan has the largest collection of music that I've ever seen. For real. And it's not all one type of music; it's all kinds of music from all different times. And Kaitlyn loves music as well! Ryan and Kaitlyn decided that they were going to send me home with mixed CDs with a bunch of different music on it.


Music is Ryan and Kaitlyn's passion, and it was such a blessing to see them getting so excited to make me a couple of mixed CDs. It just makes me think about how awesome God is that He has created us so uniquely, and we have different passions and interests that can all work together for the Kingdom. So Seize the Week has not only been about me, but also about the people I love doing the things they love. I truly can't express the joy it brought me to sit in the Perisin's apartment, watching them live out their own passion for music.

Not only did I leave with two burnt CDs from Ryan and Kaitlyn, I left with a collection of about 20 other CDs to check out. At one point, Ryan had about 120 songs that he wanted to burn, but only about 24 would fit on the CD! The picture at the top was taken this morning in my office, and those are all the CDs Ryan let me borrow and then the 2 burnt CDs.

Last night I listened to some of Kait's CD, and I loved what I heard. I listened to some Ben Folds (one of my new favorite songs by him is "The Luckiest"), Joshua Radin & Schuyler Fisk, Matchbook Romance, and Traveling Wilburys. There was not one song that I didn't like! I haven't listened to the whole CD yet, but I'm really exicted to listen to the rest! I definitely recommend looking those artists up on I-Tunes or Youtube!


1 comment:

  1. You are so sweet! Anytime you need some music, you know who to call!

    ReplyDelete