Carpe Septem Dies

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Week 7, Day 7

1.) Artist: Dear Noel- One of the guys in this band is good friends with Kaitlyn and Ryan. He actually sang at their wedding, and he was awesome! They are a punk/rock group, and I listened to their CD "Love & Fate." There are 5 songs on the CD, and they are all good! Check out their myspace at http://www.myspace.com/dearnoel. They have shows that are somewhat local, so if you like them then go and check them out live!

2.) Artist: Frank Turner- This guy is a combo of folk and punk. I listened to his CD "Poetry of the Deed." He definitely drops the "f-bomb" in a couple of his songs, so be aware! But I did really like his song "Dan's Song."

3.) Artist: Otis Redding- I've heard Otis Redding before, but actually didn't realize it. I love the song "Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay," but I didn't know it was this guy who sang it! Martha told me to look him up, so I listened to the song she had up on her Facebook page called "Pain in My Heart." This guy has a lot of soul, that's for sure!!! So good!

Ok, so this is the end of Music Week! Sad! But I still have a lot more CDs to listen to from Ryan, and I have a new found love for looking up music. It's great because I have a plethora of music on my I-Pod that I didn't have before! Thanks to Ryan and Kaitlyn Perisin, Dave Sandell, and Martha Christensen for all your awesome music suggestions! You guys are the best!

2 comments:

  1. "Sittin on the Dock of the Bay" is one of my all time favorites. Did you know Otis wrote that song just 3 days prior to his death. He was on tour and he boarded his private plane along with his band to head to a concert. They crashed & only 1 band member survived. Otis received a grammy for this #1 hit posthumously.
    He was only 26 when he died. Guess when his birthday was "SEPT. 9, 1941"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom! You posted a comment!! yay!! And no, I didn't know any of that but that's interesting. 26 years old when he died? That's so young, and he has the same bday as me! Crazy! Thanks for following my blog, Mom! It means a lot to me!

    ReplyDelete