Carpe Septem Dies

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Week 9, Day 2

I am proud to say that today's dinner was MUCH better than yesterday's! See the wonderful picture above?? Today I made stuffed manicotti (which I've never made before), and here's the website with the recipe for it:

Tuesday nights are pretty packed for me. From 4:30-6:00 I do discipleship with a teen from the youth group, and then at 6 until 9 we have youth group. It's usually at my house because I like the atmosphere there. The teens seem to open up more in a cozy setting. The teen that I disciple helped me out with dinner as well as some new members of our church community. The recipe was very good, and I had no problems following it. The only thing that is hard is keeping the manicotti shells from breaking after they've been cooked. Most of our shells broke, but it actually ended up being a lot easier to fill the shells with them open!

I cooked for 10 people tonight, and it only cost me $35 which was awesome! Preparing the food was a lot of fun, and it tasted amazing. I actually added more garlic and herbs to taste, so feel free to tweak the recipe above. Again, the company for dinner was great. The youth group girls and then the new guy leaders were there to share this meal with me. We all ate and then played some Apples to Apples. It has been so awesome to share the meals that I make with people that are important to me. Day 2 was a success!!

No comments:

Post a Comment