Carpe Septem Dies

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Week 7, Day 3

For the rest of this week, I'm going to start doing lists. It's just easier : )

1.) Artist: Loreena McKennitt- My friend Martha gave me a couple CDs to check out and this was one of them. I really liked it! A lot of her stuff is instrumental, and it's Celtic music. Very relaxing and peaceful. Definitely recommend her, especially for a rainy day like this one!

2.) Artist: Morgot & the Nuclear So and So's- Ryan gave me these CD to check out and I really liked it. Their music is real chill. There is a song called "Holy Cow" on the CD, and it's hilarious. Some of the lyrics are "Settle down. You're starting to freak me out. Comb your hair if I'm to take you anywhere." Love it!

3.) Artist: Less Than Jake- Here's a little bio from Amazon: "Less Than Jake is an American ska punk band from Gainesville, Florida. Originally formed in 1992 as a power pop trio, the band evolved into a hybrid of ska punk. Less Than Jake have also been cited as showing influences from a wide variety of genres including post-grunge, alternative rock, third wave ska, punk pop and punk revival." I thought their music was fun and creative. My favorite songs on the album were "Help Save the Youth of America From Exploding" and "History of a Boring Town." I also really liked how the fold out thing in the CD with all the info from the band was formatted like a comic book. I mean, it actually looked like a little comic book! And for those of you who don't know, I really like comic books even though I don't get to read them as often as I used to. Don't worry, there will be a comic book week eventually!

4.) Artist: Wilco- This band is an American alternative rock band from Chicago. I listened to some of their CD called "Yankee Hotel Foxtrot." My fav song from this CD is "I'm the Man Who Loves You."

That's it! Look up some of these artists. You won't be disappointed!

1 comment: