Carpe Septem Dies

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Week 8: Birthday Traditions Around the World

I have been doing this for 8 weeks already! I love September for many reasons. One, I love Fall. It's most definitely my favorite season. There's something about football games, the apple orchard, bonfires, and hayrides that can bring my so much joy! Two, my birthday is September 9 which is this Thursday! I love celebrating birthdays! There are many people out there who hate celebrating their birthday, but I just love getting all my friends and family together to celebrate. It's an excuse to bring everyone together that I love.

This week, I'm going to research how different places around the world celebrate birthdays in their culture, and then I will do the same. Now, I've already started researching, and there's some traditions that I just won't be able to do. Example: circumcision. Let me rephrase- there are some traditions that I will choose not to do. But there's some that are pretty cool, and it will be an educational week for all of us!

I'll be doing research today, and then I'll start tomorrow! If you know of any cool traditions, then let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment