Carpe Septem Dies

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Week 7, Day 4


1.) Artist: She & Him- Guess who's the singer in this band....Zooey Deschanel, and she's the girl in the movie "Elf." Do you remember the scene where she's in the shower singing? That's what this CD sounds like. She's awesome! Her music is like Indie/Folk/Pop. I listened to Volume 1 and Volume 2, and both were really good! My favorite song on Volume 1 is "This is Not a Test," and my favorite on Volume 2 is "Lingering Still." The Volume 2 cover is really creative. You open the CD and on the left hand side there's the paket of info about the CD. It looks like a check out card in a library book. I thought it was cute!

2.) Artist: City and Colour- They are an Acoustic/Rock/Folk band, and I listened to their CD "Bring Me Your Love." You know how some CDs usually have several good songs, but then the rest are just "eh." Well, this CD is ALL good. MY favorite song was "Body in a Box." I love their sound, the lyrics, everything. So good!

3.) Artist: Erin Tobey- She is an artist from Bloomington, IN. According to her Myspace page, her music is Punk/Lounge. Again, all the songs are great! It's really amazing to me that all of the music I've listened to so far has been awesome. Either I'm really easy to please msucially, or Ryan, Martha, and Kaitlyn have in an insanely awesome taste in music! I don't even have a favorite song- couldn't pick!


Check these artists out!

No comments:

Post a Comment