Carpe Septem Dies

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Week 9, Day 1

Today I attempted to make spinach souffle because my dear friend Ryan suggested it. First of all, I hardly know how to spell "souffle." Second, I have never even eaten a souffle, and third, I had no idea how to make one. I looked up a recipe from a website that I have used numerous other times, and I thought to myself- "Wow, this looks really easy..."

The plus side is that it cost $14 total to make a dinner for 4 people, which I thought was pretty impressive. I made the souffle along with asparagus and rolls. I took the picture above of the dinner I made. Apparently, the recipe that I used was not very good. The amounts of things was off and basically, the souffle didn't turn out quite as expected. But, I was told it wasn't bad so I guess that's good. I'm not even going to put up the recipe that I used because I wouldn't suggest anyone use it! I definitely am going to try and make this again, now that I have an idea of how to improve it.
It was definitely an interesting way to start off the week! Despite the rough start, the company for dinner was great! My friends very kindly ate my creation, and we played a few games of Bananagrams. It was a nice night with some people I love.

1 comment:

  1. For the record I hate egss and cooked spinach but I was able to swollow this "souffle" without having to choke it down.

    Second ... Amanda this will probably be one of the most memorable nights with you in the whole time we've lived together.

    Needless to say witnessing a friend make something she nor I had ever seen (except in the movie Sabrina) was quite hilarious.

    ReplyDelete