Carpe Septem Dies

Saturday, February 5, 2011

NEWS FLASH: 24 Hour Blog Day

So we're taking a little break to participate in "24 Hour Blog Day." My friend Mike and his friends started this, and they were kind enough to invite me to join them. At the top of each hour, for 24 hours, a new topic will be drawn. Mike is texting me the topics to keep me in the loop. The entry must be posted at the end of the hour it was drawn, and the post must be at least one 5 sentence paragraph. Got it? Good!

Topic #1: Best of 2010

Goodness, 2010. What a year! As I think back through the year, so many things come to mind. First thing that comes to mind is God's amazing love and faithfulness this year (and all years). It was in this year that I started my "Seize the Week" blog which God has used to grow me and change me. God has been faithful to my family as He has provided for us all throughout the year even in difficult times. My baby sister (who really isn't a baby anymore) started college! It seems like just yesterday she was in elementary school. She's in a sorority, making friends who will last a lifetime, having experiences that will shape her forever...what a blessing from God to have that opportunity! Friendships have deepened and others have fallen to the side, which I've learned is ok. While I will forever love all of my friends, my closest friends have dwindled down to a core group of people who are consistent in my life. And that's how it should be. It's taken me a while to figure that out, but it's that core group whom I want to love and share life with. No more spreading myself so thin that no one gets the full attention they deserve.

Ok, to end this I want to make a list of top ten best moments of 2010:

10. Going to a Lafayette football game with my baby sister, Elyse

9. Being a part of the ministry in Blue Island at the Salvation Army through the new community center

8. The weddings that I was a part of: Rachel's wedding, Danielle's wedding, and Kaitlyn's wedding.

7. The fast I did during lent- a period of time where I experienced God in a whole new way

6. The Murder Mystery Dinner I had with my wonderful friends from high school!

5. In-Fyuz, my youth group, and watching the teens fall in love with God and their faith.

4. Finally getting the hang of Settlers of Catan and being able to play the game well!

3. My friend Ryan getting a car- an answer to prayer

2. Going to Brazzaz for the first time in Chicago- seriously best restaurant experience ever and best company.

1. Jennie's (my other sister's) wedding. Had to put this one in it's own category....amazing time with family and my closest friends. Hands down, best celebration ever.

Yay! That was my first entry! Keeping checking back to see the other posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment