Carpe Septem Dies

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Topic #2 Funniest Moments

Funniest moments.....is it sad that I can't really think of any? Well, I guess that's not true. I think of some, but I guarantee that they won't be that funny to you : )

As some of you may know, I have a niece named Riley. She's three years old, and I'm convinced she's the most precious and adorable child in the world (besides my god daughter Bayless). Kids really do say the funniest things. Most of the funniest moments I can think of came from her and other children I've worked with. For example, Riley tells her mom (Jennie) that she wants another hot dog. Jennie replies with "Then you know what you have to do to get it," and she points to her cheek, hinting that she needs a kiss from her daughter first. As she points to her cheek Jennie says "Right here, Riley." Riley looks at Jennie, looks where she's pointing and says "Mommy, that's not a hot dog!" I thought it was hilarious....

The only other thing I can think of was when Ryan and I were riding in the car. If you know Ryan, you've probably heard him sing. I've told him this before, and I stick by this: He should have been in a boys band like Backstreet Boys or 98 degrees (how the heck do you type a degrees symbol??) He looks like he could have been in one and sings like it too! Any way, we're on the way to church and he's belting it (and I mean BELTING it) out to some song while eating sunflower seeds. Wasn't a good idea. All of a sudden, he starts choking on one of them. And I started cracking up, for real. He was ok, of course. I'm not entirely sure why I found that so funny, but even thinking back on it, I start to laugh!

I think this topic has made me realize that I need to look for those silly moments in life more. I mean, they just happen, but when they do happen, I need to embrace them! As I typed that, I immediately saw Heath Ledger's face as the Joker in my head saying, "Why so serious?" For real, why so serious? I need to laugh more! You need to laugh more!! Now that I think of it, Ryan can make himself laugh really hard by laughing, which then always makes me start laughing. Sounds weird, but you should try it. Force the laughter at first but then you will actually start laughing. Do it! Find your husband/wife, friend, roommate and do it. You'll feel so great after! Bet you a $1 you'll start to laugh- I'm not much of a gambler : )

1 comment: