Carpe Septem Dies

Monday, February 21, 2011

Week 29: Date Week

Hello, everyone! Here we are at week 29: Date Week. Before we go into that, I will say that I didn't have much of a chance to make items to sell on Etsy, but I figured out the name which will be "The Alabaster Jar." Why did I choose this name?

Matthew 26:6-13
While Jesus was in Bethany in the home of Simon the Leper, a woman came to him with an alabaster jar of very expensive perfume, which she poured on his head as he was reclining at the table.
When the disciples saw this, they were indignant. “Why this waste?” they asked.“This perfume could have been sold at a high price and the money given to the poor.”
Aware of this, Jesus said to them, “Why are you bothering this woman? She has done a beautiful thing to me. The poor you will always have with you,but you will not always have me. When she poured this perfume on my body, she did it to prepare me for burial.

Truly I tell you, wherever this gospel is preached throughout the world, what she has done will also be told, in memory of her.”

I had asked a lot of friends for their input on what I should name the Etsy store, but none of them really stuck out to me. Then one day this past week, I thought about this passage from the bible and knew that "The Alabaster Jar" was the name I wanted. This passage always gets to me. This woman brings this alabaster jar and pours expensive perfume over the head of Jesus. It brings tears to my eyes to think that this alabaster jar was probably the most expensive thing that she had, the most valuable thing. She chose to use it on Jesus. I could go more into that, but as I open this Etsy store, I want it to glorify God just as anything else I do. I think this name will be a good reminder of that. I am hoping to have the store up and running the first week in March, but I will keep you guys posted and when I get my beginning inventory I will post pictures.

This weekend I was away in Missouri for a young adult retreat through The Salvation Army which was wonderful, and today I spent sleeping and trying to recover from this horrible head cold that I have. Today was my first official day of unemployment. This week being my first week off work, I thought it would be a great idea to catch up with friends so very basically, date week is a week where I am going out on what I like to call "friend dates." I am excited to catch up with friends, and it will give me something to do besides apply for jobs. If you've been following my blog, you understand how much my friends mean to me so this week will be wonderful. I have some fun things planned with some fun people! Today, I hung out with my friend Neisy which was great considering I haven't spent real quality time with her for months. I headed to her house, we ordered dinner, and just talked for hours. Loved it!

I will keep you updated on my "dates" this week!

2 comments:

  1. skype dates count? -Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo! Please feel better so you can enjoy your date week--& too so we can enjoy being with you :0)

    ReplyDelete