Carpe Septem Dies

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Topic #9: Utopias

Utopias. I think of heaven, and one day I will actually be there, and it will be AWESOME! No more of this world's struggles, no hatred, a place where there's peace and justice, no violence, no anger, a place where I can be with God. I don't know exactly what it will be like, but I'm sure it's going to be far better than I or anyone else could ever imagine. It will be a great day when I get there. My grandma is there. I know I haven't said anything on my blog about this yet, but she passed away yesterday. It makes things so much better when you know that person is in heaven- no more suffering and no more pain. I'm going to go off on a little tangent and put up the obituary I wrote for my grandma:
Jennie R. Terselich Judnick, loving known by family as “G.G.”, passed away February 4, 2011 at age 86. Beloved wife of Richard J. Judnick, whom she has now joined in heaven; loving mother of James (Margaret) Judnick, Patricia (Jay) Zurawski, Marie (Steve) Keene; devoted grandmother of Amanda, Jennie (Cory), Elyse, Kris (Betty) and Lenise, devoted great grandmother of Riley and Dylan; devoted aunt of Judy (Robert), Margaret (Vic), Joan, and Janice (Gale). Preceded in death by her dearest brothers John (Fan) and Tony (Helen). Jennie was a member of St. John the Evangelist Church and “adopted grandmother” of Jeanite from Haiti.

Words cannot express the love her family has for Jennie and the love she had for them. She was the strongest woman, with a faith that has moved mountains, with the biggest heart, and the largest capacity to love not only her friends and family but everyone that she encountered. Her love for the Lord shined through in the love she showed every person she encountered from Candy, her mail delivering friend; Angela, a dear friend whose friendship will always be treasured; and Riley, her great granddaughter whose very life meant the world to her and brought so much happiness. Never was there a woman who lived with so much joy, maintained a great sense of humor through all situations, and treated everyone with the dignity and respect they deserved.


Grandma is in a place where joy and love abounds. A utopia.

1 comment:

  1. I love hearing about the lives of people like your grandma that reflect a bit of that utopia while here on earth. Beautiful, Amanda.

    ReplyDelete