Carpe Septem Dies

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Week 27, Day 3


So my phone has been off for a couple days- sorry if you have tried calling me : ) Reason: couldn't pay my phone bill. I haven't even stopped working yet, and already struggling to pay bills. Not good. The change that has been on my mind a lot today has been that come 18th, unless something happens quickly, I will no longer have an income. I almost don't want to fully say what I'm thinking because I know that I am so much better off than so many people who don't even have a roof over their head, but this not having an income thing worries me a little. I have my loans to pay for, which takes up a big chunk and then everything else. It just stinks that I spent so much stinking money on college which has left me in a lot of debt, to get a job which I am being let go from.

Now, I need to focus on the truth. God will provide for me. He has this far! I have nothing to worry about. All I need to do is seek God- He has it all under control. When I worry, I am saying that I don't trust God and His promises. God will and has been opening and closing doors. I am so unbelievably blessed because I can stay with my parents and not pay rent until I get my feet back on the ground. I have people in my life who love me and support me, so there's nothing to worry about.

The verse I am memorizing is Psalm 46:10 which says, "He says, 'Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations,I will be exalted in the earth.'” Be still. That's a hard one for me, that's for sure. All I need to do is be still and know that God is, well, God!

My friend Linda will be praying for me this next week- that I wouldn't stress out about money and that I would remember that God will provide! And also that I would be a good steward of the money I do have. I have already set up financial accountability so that I will spend very little money in order to save what I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment