Carpe Septem Dies

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Week 26, Day 4

Guest Blogger for today: Steph Ferrini (and the crowd goes wild!!!!!!!) I love Steph Ferrini, as well as the whole rest of the world. Even if you don't know her, I bet you love her : ) Any way, Steph is a great friend of mine from high school- we did theater together. We have stayed in touch throughout college and after- yay for the "real world!"

Steph is hilarious, and I don't even know that she believes she is actually funny, but she most definitely is. She is so stinking creative, so lucky because she may have taken the last nice guy on the planet as her boyfriend : ), so fun to be around, and an amazing friend. We have shared a ton of great times together, and some really hard times together. Honestly, Steph is like my little sister even though she is only one year behind me- not because she is less mature but because I feel protective over her and love her so much....now enough or I will make myself start crying...

Here's Steph's post:

I feel just like Carrie Bradshaw but instead of a martini in my hand, it is a glass of wine and instead of living in trendy New York City, I live in snowy Lombard, IL. I brought you all here because I wanted to discuss the future. (pause for dramatic affect) Now year ago, I had no idea what future held. All I wanted was some kind of job after graduation. I would have been that person standing on the corner of 30 and 41 in the worst weather letting you know about a closing out sale; I didn’t care, I needed a job. Then something so simple, so perfect fell into my life: Wilton. For those of you that do not know, Wilton is a cake supply company that is headquartered in Woodridge, IL. I am a customer service representative there and I spend my days talking about cake. Ok, I really spending my days listening to people complain about cake pans, but you get the idea. This job started as a way to pay rent, but is quickly turning into what I want out of my future.

I have found Amanda Keene’s blog very inspiration. Her blog is about seizing the week, not sitting around and waiting for life to give you your dream on a golden platter with a side of happiness. My dream is to make someone’s wedding cake; to be a part of the happiest day of their life is some small, tasty way. To seize this week, I have made my first stacked cake. I am still a beginner and have a longer way to go, but I have found something to do in my life that has made me very happy, which what I wish for everyone to find in their life. Now... what am I going to do with all this cake?

2 comments: